Post nr. 100!

A 100 posts already, that went quick!

It's actually fun. Again I went to thank all the readers and commenters!
And I want to say that there gonna be some changes. When I started this blog, I promised myself a little treat if I reached 100 posts.
Somewhere this week I'm going to change something about this blog.

Anyway, thank you again! And to celebrate I'm going to posts links to one of the best Arab movies ever made!
I found it by accident on Youtube and I was so happy! I stayed up till 5 in the morning just to watch it. I remember that we watched it every Ramadan and it was sooo exciting (although we knew how the story went and finished)
It's an islamic movie about the first days of Islam. And the actors can actually act! Not like those Syrian actors in those Ramadan-series where everybody seems to wear shiny clothes in bright colors decorated with feathers and huge diamonds.

I give you Al-Risala!! (French subtitles)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

(ps I didn't know that the movie was shot twice at the same time but with a different cast and language. The English-version is apparently with Anthony Quinn playing the role of Hamza)

7 Comments:

  1. Hannibal said...
    Bo18: Congratsss on your 100th post! keep up te nice work:)

    PS: I guess we are gonna see a different blog layout ;)Good Luck!
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats! Mabruk! hm and Baie Geluk (this is in Afrikaans - I am not sure about the Dutch version) - and hello from South Africa. Great blog and thanks for the film - I will try my best to stay up and watch it :-)
    Loula la nomade said...
    Congrats,
    I remember when the movie was shot near Marrakesh. Yep long time ago. My dad took to meet some of the cast.
    Again congrats. Will watch the movie this week, thanks!
    Mwah
    Tsedek said...
    Mazzeltov, gefeliciteerd :D
    Film in arabic with french subtitles? :(
    Anonymous said...
    Happy 100th! You look surprisingly fresh and young for someone who's been through so much in such a short time. And what a coincidence, you won an award!
    Maryam in Marrakesh said...
    Hi dear, felicitations for your 100th post!
    BO18 said...
    Thank you everybody!!!

    Really appreciate it!

    @ Szavanna

    Baie dankie!

Post a Comment